Are you moving to another place? Are you finding it challenging to pack moving boxes in order? Do you want your unpacking to be smooth and easy? Well! If your answer is yes, then you need to look at these tips.
Moving can be exhausting and complex, but you can avoid unnecessary stress and chaos if done right and organized correctly. While moving, What goes inside boxes is as crucial as outside. Organizing and packing in a fixed structure will help you relax later. However, the success of moving boxes can highly depend on how you avoid mistakes. So, you need to learn and understand moving box labels before packaging.
Here are amazing tips and tricks to improve moving box labels like a pro:
- Get your labelling material ready: you can’t leave every task for the last minute. When you are done packing, you should be prepared with labels. So, before packaging, get your labelling tools and materials ready in hand. Although you can buy labels from local stationery, it would be cost-effective to create some at home. When you are deciding on labelling material, make sure they are of good quality and waterproof.
- Create a list: Before packing and marking your moving boxes, make a proper list of all the boxes, their details, what they contain as per rooms and in total. Estimate the cost of the boxes to move efficiently. So, if you lost a box or broke one, you would know how much it cost and what it would take to repair. The list will help you deal with movers effectively, and of course, you would be in control.
- Be specific about labelling: packaging can be exhausting; you might be tempted to label vaguely, for instance, writing room names on boxes to reduce work, but it would only cause chaos. It would only help you place the right boxes in the right room, but it will be an extremely complex task to shuffle all the boxes while unpacking. Be as specific as you can for moving box labels to make it easy to unpack stuff.
- Colour-code your boxes: Using colour for moving box labels is an excellent way to organize your stuff. If numbers seem too much for you, use colour to label your boxes. Make sure you label every box in the same place. So, you know where to check. Pick multi-colour stickers from a local store or make one yourself. As colour labels would help focus on one room at a time. Don’t label on the flap side; instead, put it on the outside panel; you would know what boxes are transporting and where they are placed.
- Numbers: use numbers for shipping box labels to recognize easily. One of the quickest and most effective ways to label moving boxes. Take a large size black marker to write numbers on the outside panel of moving boxes. Or get a legal pad and write down numbers with details of the material in the box and make sure you place slips at a safe place to avoid unnecessary panic at the last moment.
- Priority labelling: Pack the important stuff that you would need right after arrival with special priority labels. Mark them with stickers or red cross marks to let you know that is important and would require immediately on arrival, such as toilet papers, kitchen stuff, your essential clothing for the day etc. It needs to be packed in a separate box and mark priority with movers tape.
- Label your most sensitive and expensive stuff separately: if anything happens to expensive stuff or items that might break easily would cost you a lot. So, it would be better if you label separately with “FRAGILE” moving box labels.
- Label boxes on all sides: When movers arrive at your place with your stuff, they would want to know which box to be placed where. With all the clutter of boxes, it would be difficult to shuffle each side to check labels. So, it’s smart to label on all sides of the box to avoid unnecessary hard work.
- Use waterproof marketers to label: vibrant colour markers would help movers to read your labels easily. While waterproof markers on packaging tubes or boxes are essential, especially when moving on a rainy day. It becomes easy for movers and you to eliminate chaos.
- Peelable labels for furniture and equipment: labelling your furniture won’t make sense to you, but it helps movers to move multiple pieces of furniture quickly at the right place. For instance, you have four similar tables, one for the living room and others for bedrooms. Labelling would help movers know which one to place where. peelable labels would not leave any residue when removed. Pre-printed labels are made peelable, so they are best suited for furniture. Otherwise, it would be another task to remove label stains.